If Only I Was Green

Book and movie reviews, and original stories...Enter and expand your mind.

November 01, 2006

A heroic haunting...

Monday night I watched the new TV series "Heroes", this was Episode 6, and I have to say that there was a scene in the show that was the most disturbing scene I’ve seen in a very long time.

I’m a typical American who watches way too much television, so I’m used to seeing a lot of violence. But that moment when Jessica/Nikki is about to kill DL and Marcus walks into the room and distracts her, just continues to run through my mind in slow motion. The actress, Ali Larter, does an amazing job in those few seconds. The transformation from Jessica who is trying to kill DL to Nikki who has no idea what is going on is convincing. Very convincing. The microseconds of confusion and pain on Nikki’s face before she dies are haunting.

I felt a rush of emotions. The injustice of it. Knowing that Nikki had invited DL, her husband, to bed thinking that he was a murderer but loving him anyway, knowing that Nikki had no idea why she was sitting on DL or what was happening to her, all combined with Nikki’s innocence was too much. I don’t want Nikki to die without her realizing why. I want her and Jessica to work things out, to come to an understanding.

In the world of make believe I hope that Nikki is not really dead. I hope that she has a chance to create a peaceful place inside of her. And to find that out, I’ll have to continue watching...which was probably the plan in the first place!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home