If Only I Was Green

Book and movie reviews, and original stories...Enter and expand your mind.

August 23, 2006

Baen Publishing: Revolutionaries Welcome

I’ve been busy reading and obviously I haven’t taken the time to blog about all the books. That isn’t going to change with this post! While this isn’t about a specific book this is a post about a specific publisher. My favorite author is David Weber whose books are published by Baen. About three years ago I noticed that some of Baen’s books included a CDROM attached to the back cover. The CDROM contained complete books by other Baen authors.

Because Baen provided these free books I was able to find some new authors and as a result I spent well over a hundred dollars on new books. I loved the idea. My biggest problem is finding authors that write well, have well developed characters, have believable story plots, and write in the genres that interest me. Baen made that easier with the CDROMs. And I’m happy to report that they have added another dimension to ease of use. Baen has a Free Library on their site as well as a WebSubscriptions eBook section. Go to the free library, browse around the books, read one or two, and then when you want more from the author go to the WebSubscriptions section and buy an electronic copy of the book you want. The transaction takes but a minute and you get the book right then. Easy to buy and store.

I’ve been on a John Ringo kick....I’ll write more later. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home