If Only I Was Green

Book and movie reviews, and original stories...Enter and expand your mind.

January 08, 2006

Review: “Princess of Wands” by John Ringo


I really liked the new approach to supernatural infestation. Barbara Everette is a soccer mom who finds that she has a higher calling. Her faith is her shield against the powers of darkness, which I found to be a really nice twist. It’s not really a novel but a collection of three stories. Two long ones and one short.

I thought it was a fun read and definitely pushed me to be open minded on the religious stuff, but Barbara isn’t as believable and 3 dimensional as I like characters to be. I can’t say I totally hated it, but I don’t think it was worth the hardcover price I paid. Check this one out from the library.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home